Monday, November 16, 2009

Nearing the end...

We are on our last week of the Travelin'Oma School Days Seminar, and I have loved it. It has been very difficult at times and yet extremely rewarding. I will miss having this class to look forward to every day but am hoping to take my {long} list of blog ideas and post pretty frequently.

One thing I have really learned during this class is that when I make something a priority (like completing my assignments), I can make it happen if I really try. As long as I try to make one thing a priority (like journal writing, or something similar), maybe I can make that happen as well. An additional insight I gained was the importance of being accountable to someone for this goal. I wanted to let Oma know that I was doing the assignments and it encouraged me to make it happen. Maybe in some of my other goals I can find someone to be accountable to and I will have greater motivation to complete them...

I hope that Oma considers doing another of these seminars in the future - even if the format changes to make it more "doable" for her. I am interested in anything she wants to base it on, since I have grown so much lately when stepping outside of my comfort zone. I look forward to continuing to follow her blog, even when a seminar is not going on, for her valuable thoughts and inspiring writing.

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

I know what you mean about feeling accountable to someone. It helped me to feel accountable to all of you!