Friday, October 9, 2009

Show Them You Care

Travelin’Oma Week 6, Day 5.

Show them you care.

Why is it that so often the people we love the most are the people we don’t treat as thoughtfully? Why are we often more careful with perfect strangers’ feelings than we are of those we love who are around us daily?

I am a culprit of this behavior myself. It makes me sad, but I still do it without meaning to. I think it is because I presume that my family knows I love them and so my actions toward them seem less important than my actions toward others whose impressions of me are guided largely by those actions. That isn’t an excuse, just an attempt to explain it to myself so I can work harder at fixing it.

The ones I adore and love above all others deserve to feel loved and adored by me.

I once again resolve to try harder to be better.

No comments: