Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Illustrations

Travelin'Oma, Week 8, Day 3.

Illustrations.

One reason I just love children's books is because of the incredible illustrations. There is a huge variety and some extremely creative endeavors out there. Here are a few peeks at some of my favorite children's illustrations. They aren't necessarily my favorites from each individual book (because mine are still packed and I couldn't scan the pages I wanted to) but they should demonstrate the general feel to each one. (I put the name and author of each book, but not the illustrator - horrible, especially because it's the illustrations that I love, but I need to go to bed...)

Welcome to the Zoo by Alison Jay:


King Bidgood's In the Bathtub by Audrey Wood:



Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems:


The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn:


Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak:


Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett:


Oh, Were They Ever Happy! by Peter Spier:



1 comment:

elnaclark said...

Several of those are also my favorites! Good job.