Travelin’Oma, Week 8, Day 1.
Blogging comments.
I love it when people comment on my blog. It makes me so excited. Maybe because it’s an indication that people actually read my blog occasionally. Maybe because it means that somehow they had related to what I wrote. Maybe because it means someone besides a relative thinks my children are as adorable as I happen to think they are. For whatever reason, I really like the comments.
However, I have a hard time commenting on other peoples’ blogs. Why? Wouldn’t they appreciate the same feedback that I relish getting on my blogging efforts? Of course they would. And yet, I still have a difficult time bringing myself to typing something in that comment form. I think it’s because I’m not funny or terribly profound and a comment form is just the right size for witty one-liners or short sage advice, and I just don’t have lots of that.
Participating in this writing class has encouraged not only my writing on my own blog, but has also helped me to take the leap of leaving comments on other blogs that I read. I still have a long way to go, but hopefully I will get a little better at discarding my insecurities to reach out and demonstrate to others that I appreciate what they have written on their blogs, even if my comments aren’t brilliant every time (or ever…).
Thank you for your comments, my small readership. I really appreciate them. And for those of you who don’t comment, I completely understand and figure that until I become more prolific in my commenting, I can expect no more from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Time for a comment. I am not really a commenter either. I do read all of yours and your mom's blogs and always am glad that I do. I guess that I feel that my writing is not that great - hence possibly embarrassing. Anyway - more power to the two of you for writing away and enriching our lives and often making us laugh or at least think.
Post a Comment