Saturday, November 14, 2009

School of Thought Seminar Final

Travelin’Oma, Week 11, Day 5. Final exam week! This is the last day of finals and next week is class review time.

School of Thought Seminar Final

What's your school of thought?

Are You A Fascinating Person?
1. Are you updated on current affairs? Do you follow the latest news? I’m fairly up-to-date, mostly by talking with my husband about what he gleans from the news.
2. In a one-one conversation, do you talk more or do you listen more? I wish I listened more. I’m sure I don’t, and that I talk much more.
3. Do you like trying out new things like visiting a new restaurant, trying out a new sport, etc? Oh, sometimes. Not terribly often, but sometimes I enjoy it.
4. Do you devote time to your dress and appearance before you go out? I am trying to more often, but it’s probably only about half of the time.
5. Are there any secrets about you that you haven't shared with even close friends? Definitely.
6. Are you game for adventurous stuff? Not that often. I get really anxious about new situations.
7. Do you manage to get introduced to new people in parties and indulge in long conversations? Occasionally.
8. Are you a well-read person? I like to think I am.
9. Are you a well-traveled person? Fairly well-traveled.
10. Can you make people laugh? Mostly not. I’m not a very funny person.

Are you a confident person?
1. Can you choose a new outfit alone?
Yes. Sometimes it’s nice to have a second opinion though.
2. You walk into a room full of people. Suddenly you find everybody watching you. Do you become terribly self-conscious? Not really.
3. You reach the airport to find that your flight got canceled in the last minute. What would you do? I would probably sit for a minute to gather my faculties and then try to figure out how to fix things.
4. You enter a posh restaurant to find everybody else in formal clothes. You are wearing casuals. Would it ruin your evening? Not unless they made me leave.
5. You are at a job interview in a big corporation. Suddenly you find out that the CEO himself is conducting the interview. Do you panic? No.
6. You are attending a seminar. Suddenly the speaker wants you to come on the stage to give your views. Will you get jittery? No.
7. You are enjoying a party with your new date. Suddenly your ex walks in. What do you do? It depends on how I still felt about the relationship and how things ended…
8. Are you afraid of visiting families that have suffered a death? No.
9. Would you go and visit a dying person? Absolutely
10. If someone embarrassed you in public, you would you react? I would probably try hard not to cry and act like it didn’t bother me.

Are you a crafty person?
1. What do you call the art of folding paper?
Origami.
2. What is the name of the fabric commonly used for cross stitch? No idea…
3. What is papier-mache? When some sort of material (paper, fabric, etc.) is dipped in a glue substance and layered around a form and dried to harden.
4. Is acrylic yarn natural or man-made? Man-made.
5. Where does mohair come from? Yaks?
6. With which piece of crafting equipment would you use a shuttle? Weaving loom.
7. How many threads are twisted together in a typical skein of embroidery floss? 6?
8. What do pinking shears do? Cuts a zig-zag line.
9. Old sewing machines were powered by using your feet. What was the foot pedal called? No idea.
10. Is a Spinning Jenny used for making pots or making yarn? Making yarn.
11. What is Kumihimo? No idea.
12. Which craft would you be doing if you were making a plant hanger by knotting long lengths of rope? Macrame
13. In which craft would you use the stippling technique? Quilting.
14. What are lazy daisy, french knot, stem and blanket? Types of stitches.
15. Which craft tool cuts out a shape from paper or card when you press on it? Die cutting machine.
16. What is a highly scented purple/blue flower often used in scented sachets? Lavender.
17. What is gutta used for? No idea.
18. What is repoussage? No idea.
19. Is whittling a wood craft or a wool craft? Wood craft.
20. What do you call the hole in a needle where you push the thread through? Eye.


Craft Trivia Answers as provided by Travelin'Oma: 01. Origami / 02. Aida / 03. The art of modeling with torn or shredded paper stuck together with glue / 04. Man-made / 05. Angora goats / 06. Weaving loom / 07. (6) / 08. Scissors which cut a zig-zag line / 09. Treadle / 10. Making yarn / 11. The art of Japanese braid making / 12. Macrame / 13. Stenciling / 14. Types of embroidery stitches / 15. Punch / 16. Lavender / 17. Outlining designs on silk for painting / 18. The art of forming a raised impression on metal from the reverse side / 19. Wood craft / 20. Eye

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I know I've said this before, but it's so fun reading all these Travelin' Oma entries. Reading all of your answers made me miss you!