Travelin’Oma assignment for Week 2, Day 5. Lest you be concerned, I did my assignment yesterday as well, but it was for commenting on her blog, not posting anything here.
When I am old.
When the years have passed and I have lived my life, I hope that my face reflects the wisdom I have gained from my trials, not just the weariness of the trials. I hope the wrinkles and creases speak of kindnesses given and received through the decades. I hope my eyes shine with faith stronger than sight. I hope those same eyes look gently on those around me, communicating to them that they are always safe with me. I hope that my features convey courage and a passion for living and loving.
I am not there yet, but I hope to get there as I live the years between now and then to their fullest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i.e. you want to be like grandma jody!
This makes me want to get old. (I already am old, but I haven't really embraced it yet.) Beautiful description.
Audrey,
That was beautiful. Just like you!
I hope I embrace age as gracefully as you will :)
Post a Comment