
Little House in the Big Woods.
My Grandma Jody has read to me since I was a small girl. I remember sitting with my sister, one of us on each side of her, while she read books to us. Sometimes she read in the car while we took trips. And sometimes her eyes got heavier and heavier as she read and she would nod off midsentence.
The first book I remember her reading to us was Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Oh! how we loved it! She read the next book or two in the series to us and then I went on to read the remainder by myself. Over the years I have read these books many, many times.
One of the times that I read it was when I read it aloud to my youngest sister before she went to bed each night, when she was young. That was a wonderful time for us to be together and for me to share with her my love for reading and this special book.
Now, my husband is reading this book to our young boys, ages 4 and 2 ½. Often we all snuggle in our bed together while he reads to them – and to me. I am taken back to my grandma’s lap as I close my eyes and listen while simultaneously we create similar sweet memories with our own children.
1 comment:
These books are some of my favorites, too. Thanks for the memories.
Post a Comment