My first long term goal in my running career was to run a 5k. I decided to run one one Memorial Day weekend in Orem. I
coerced convinced my brother-in-law, Randy, to run it with me.
 |
| Randy and I before the race |
As we differ significantly in our running abilities, we stood at the start together but didn't actually run the race together.
 |
| Me at the start of the race |
 |
| Sprinting across the finish line |
 |
| Finish line |
 |
| Ta-da! |
 |
| Done and done! |
 |
| Randy and I after the race |
My goal for this first race was simply to run the entire race - no walking. And I did it! My time was not fabulous, but I was very proud of myself. I did it in 33:47. This was an enormous accomplishment for me.
Check out Randy's wife's (my sister's) version of the event
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment